Monday, February 27, 2012

Creating a Daily Schedule: Tips for Any Mommy

Being a stay at home mom is new for me.  I also am juggling the responsibilities of working from home for a small publishing company, while taking care of my 16 month old, managing the household, chauffeuring my 1st grader to and from school and activities, and being pregnant with baby (surprise) #3.

There are days that I look around my house and think, “What in the world did I even do today?”. Some days are busier than others. There are moments that I feel like I am running around with my head cut off, and then other days where I find myself looking for things to do to fill the excess time. 



But I’m not complaining. I have always wanted this life. I have dreamed about the chance to be a FULL TIME mom to my girls, a FULL TIME wife to my husband, and feel blessed to be able to enjoy a career on top of it, all from the comfort of my own home!

It has come to the point where I need to create a daily schedule for myself. And for the most part, the schedule has created itself along the way, but I need to be sure to write in some more time for those things I want to be doing as well as need to be doing.

Tips to Remember:
  1. Easiest things to add to the schedule: The kids’ wake up times and bedtimes!
  2. Schedule your meals! And with little ones, this is pretty easy to do. Around here, if we are running late for dinner, our little one quickly lets us know we have missed our time!
  3. Break up chores: It is not necessary to clean everything every day, or to do everything in one day.
  4. Schedule YOU time! While it is important to organize activities and “To Do’s”, it is also important to remember to schedule time for JUST YOU, time where you exercise, take a deep breath, and even time where you can simply do nothing, and not feel guilty. 
  5. Don’t be too hard on yourself if something on your schedule goes undone. It will happen eventually. The goal of having a schedule is to give you some peace of mind, and then allow yourself the flexibility to reschedule as necessary. And any mom will appreciate this advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment