I've always had pride in our country and respect for those who fight for our freedom and defend the rights of the United States of America. But I have to tell you, never until now have I fully comprehended the overwhelming pride of those who have loved ones serving in the military. Sure, we are all proud of our family members for one reason or another (or in some cases, ashamed!), but these past few months have given me a whole new insight into just how much families sacrifice to serve our country. I admit it. I sport the "My brother is in the army" sticker on my car now. I wear my ARMY shirt with pride. I think about my brother, talk about him, and pray for him every day. While he was in basic training at Fort Benning, I made it my business to support him as much as I could. Whether it was writing letters, sending pictures, or just sending good thoughts his way, I was doing it. And now that he is stationed in Germany and facing a deployment to Afghanistan in June/July of 2010, I find that every bit of news concerning our soldiers now concerns me as well. 

My baby brother chose to enlist during one of the most dangerous times in our history. He willingly chooses to go into battle, to serve as an Infantry soldier, and to defend our freedom, our rights, and those of others in this world. I am proud. My brother is in the Army. Hooah.
No comments:
Post a Comment