
"The Lord's been good to me, and so I thank the Lord
for giving me the things I need: the sun, the rain, and the appleseed, The Lord's been good to me, Amen."
This is Kelsey's latest prayer, and I have found it very fitting lately. A lot of people might have things to complain about these days: being tired, not having enough money, not having a new car, whatever it is. But really, the Lord's providing us with what we need. The sun rises each morning, the rain replenishes the earth, and the appleseed provides us with food on our table. Everything else seems trivial when you think about these basic needs. And so, I am going to thank the Lord today for all of these things, and thank my precious baby girl for reminding me of all I have to be thankful for.
Thanksgiving to me is about taking some time to stop what we are doing and appreciate those we love. So to my family and friends, I love you and I thank you for giving me the things I need: love, support, and encouragement. To those of you who have been a sounding board, thank you. To those of you who have given me a swift kick in the rear when I needed it, thank you. To those of you who are simply there to remind me that friends and family matter, thank you. Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays to all.
I love you with all of my heart, you and that pretty little girl. I miss you more than words can convey, and I can't wait until we can be together again. Being so far away from home, I am constantly reminded each day as to how important the little things in life are. The most important thing to me I have found isn't the electronics I have in my room, the money I have in my wallet or the clothes I have on my back. Instead it is my family who constantly gives me the support I need to continue trucking onward and the strength to survive so far away from the ones I love the most. I love you and I will always be there for you and Kelsey bug.
ReplyDeleteLove always,
- Your baby brother